Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Built on the basis of 19 billion miles of driving data, we’re on a mission to make roads safer one fleet at a time. We’re here to disrupt the commercial auto-insurance industry, a market in urgent need of innovation. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of an ambitious company that is looking to find new ways to delight our customers.
Many companies say so, but at Fairmatic, we really do believe that our people are our greatest asset. To illustrate that:
- We want you to take ownership to do what it takes to reach our destination.
- Because we’re going places no one has ever been and are building new and unique solutions, you should be ready to do some offroading.
- Velocity and focus is our competitive advantage. That means we lean in and always find a way to deliver - even if it's never been tried before.
- We work hard, but have fun doing it
So if you’re ready, grab the steering wheel, get your motor running, and join us for a great ride at Fairmatic. We’re eager to meet you!
About the role:
The Site Reliability Engineer will work within the lean engineering team at fairmatic. Primary responsibility is to maintain and operate infrastructure running all fairmatic software services including Web services, HTTP APIs, Data Pipeline and Datawarehouse.
What You'll do:
- Maintain performance and reliability of backend APIs and data pipelines with focus on monitoring practices like SLAs, SLOs etc
- Architect scalable AWS infrastructure with a focus on automation to eliminate repetitive tasks
- Setup CI/CD pipelines for managing software lifecycle
- Keep the systems secure by conforming to security best practices across infrastructure
- Understanding internal infrastructure to quickly debug and address issues, bottlenecks
- Capacity planning and keeping infrastructure costs in check
What we need from you:
- 3+ years in Site Reliability Practices (DevOps/System Administration), maintaining Linux systems in cloud environments
- Excellent understanding of Linux and Network Fundamentals
- Change is your friend
- You’re a confident and a humble owner of your work
- You have a “Can Do” attitude
- You enjoy not just finding a problem but creating the solution.
- Curiosity is in your DNA. You enjoy digging in to learn more
- You’re kind, motivated, and you care about the team
- You like to have fun!
Experience with the following:
- Infrastructure automation tools like Ansible, Puppet or equivalent
- Monitoring systems with use of tools like Prometheus, Graphite or equivalent
- General purpose scripting language like Python, Ruby or equivalent and Shell scripting (Bash)
- Managing HTTP APIs, Message brokers like Kafka, relational databases like Postgresql
- Hadoop and Big Data processing frameworks like Spark is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Market competitive compensation
- Equity in a business which is already secure and trading strongly.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation
Fairmatic is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates inclusion and belonging.