Senior User Experience Designer
Built on the basis of 19 billion miles of driving data, we’re on a mission to make roads safer one fleet at a time. We’re here to disrupt the commercial auto-insurance industry, a market in urgent need of innovation. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of an ambitious company that is looking to find new ways to delight our customers.
Many companies say so, but at Fairmatic, we really do believe that our people are our greatest asset. To illustrate that:
- We want you to take ownership to do what it takes to reach our destination.
- Because we’re going places no one has ever been and are building new and unique solutions, you should be ready to do some offroading.
- Velocity and focus is our competitive advantage. That means we lean in and always find a way to deliver - even if it's never been tried before.
- We work hard, but have fun doing it
So if you’re ready, grab the steering wheel, get your motor running, and join us for a great ride at Fairmatic. We’re eager to meet you!
About the role:
Fairmatic is committed to revolutionize commercial auto insurance through leveraging technology across the insurance value chain to deliver innovative, fair & transparent, delightful insurance products. We put the end-user at the centre of everything we do. The Senior User Experience Designer will work closely with customers, product management, engineering and leadership to take a persona centric approach in designing products/features that deliver “true value” through “intuitive & delightful” user experience. That can only be achieved through the perspective that’s driven by user empathy, understanding the “why” and obsession to create beautiful product experiences.
We look forward to seeing your portfolio and hearing you speak about your craft.
What you'll do:
- Creating delightful products and experiences for personas across the insurance value chain, backed by “why”, end-user empathy and in-depth understanding of user behaviour.
- Partner strategically with Product and Engineering teams to drive strategy, design decisions, and priorities throughout the design process – from content to production – create user flows, wireframes & build user-interface mockups and prototypes.
- Define, measure and constantly improve on the value delivered through your work.
- Change how commercial fleet insurance is done and experienced.
What we need from you:
- 5+ years of experience in software product design
- Change is your friend
- You’re a confident and a humble owner of your work
- You have a “Can Do” attitude
- You enjoy not just finding a problem but creating the solution.
- Curiosity is in your DNA. You enjoy digging in to learn more
- You’re kind, motivated, and you care about the team
- You like to have fun!
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, and XD and know how to create micro-interactions using Principle, AfterEffects, and ProtoPie.
- Having worked with both consumer and b2b products would be an advantage.
- Ability to distill product, design and business goals to short-term and long-term milestones that can be iterated upon while delivering value and feeding our learnings in the process.
- Keen on behavioural analytics and going by data-driven decisioning, when needed.
- Own end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from vision, ideation, to prototyping, to user testing, to final production
- A collaborative team player who can work well with Product, Engineering, Business teams to ensure that everyone is aligned with the design vision.
- You should be able to talk business and be expressive about the needles you intend to move.
- Market competitive compensation
- Equity in a business which is already secure and trading strongly.
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation
Fairmatic is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates inclusion and belonging.